OK, everyone! It’s early Sunday morning and some cool stuff is already happening on the SINS Facebook Page! Today we hammered out the start of something that has the potential to be seriously awesome. We’ve put together the SINS Body Transformation Blog Challenge (and, no, we didn’t spend a lot of time working on the name ;-)). The point was, to do an “Open Source” body transformation challenge that’s fun and motivating and creates support for everyone involved with SINS. Also, Wild Gorillaman and Team Gorilla have stepped up and gotten involved – so we’ll be seeing a lot of the participants in the Team Gorilla updates that we all know and love.
The “Rules” are Simple and HIGHLY Open to YOUR Interpretation and Implementation:
- Have a blog or start one – blogger.com or wordpress.com are two places that will give you a free blog if you don’t have one
- Write an initial blog post saying you’re going to make the best progress of your life, when you’re starting, goals, before pics (if you want) training and anything else you want
- Post that blog to the SINS Facebook Page as a NEW status update
- Blog at any frequency you like to stay motivated – daily, weekly, bi-weekly, etc. and post those to the SINS Facebook page as a NEW status update
- Create a final blog post with before and after pics, commentary, measurements and anything else you like and post THAT to SINS on Facebook as a NEW status
That’s pretty much it!
- It’s open to women AND men
- You can train any way you like – regular gym, CrossFit, powerlifting, kettlebells, endurance athlete
- Eat any way you want – Paleo, Zone, high carb, vegetarian
- You have to take $2000 a month worth of SINS and Team Gorilla Brand supplements – that’s a JOKE! We don’t make supplements 😛
It’s All About Community and “Open Source”
Our hope is that the SINS community – that’s YOU – will take this and run with it and adapt it to their needs. If you’re starting a Paleo Challenge at your box, just blog it and use that. If you’re training for an event, use that. Use whatever YOU want. This is about creating support and getting everyone motivated and involved! Do what works FOR YOU. There’s no real time-frame here, but I’m thinking in the 6 month range for MYSELF. Others are doing 30 days, 6 weeks, etc. Use this as an opportunity to stay motivated and on track with what YOU’RE doing. If you need some encouragement, here are some body transformations to get you motivated!
The point is to put some positive pressure on yourself, interact with the community and get some support and encouragement. Summer is getting CLOSER! Let’s be in the best shape of our lives for this one! If you need help with goals this will help. Other than that – LET’S GET TO IT!