Would you like to lose weight, feel better, look better, get stronger and move more effortlessly?
If you answered “Yes!” to the above, call or text me at (860) 391-4062 to set up a free consultation!
Since 2008 my full-time career has been personal training and health coaching. I offer one-on-one, private, individualized and expert personal training. I work with a limited number of committed individuals who want to take their health, strength and fitness to a whole new level with an expert, hands-on, dedicated coach.
I am 100% invested in the success of everyone I work with.
“I like that, at the beginning, I never thought I would be able to do any of it – but I was. And you were always there cheering me on. Now, every time I finish a workout, I feel stronger, tougher and most importantly BETTER than the day before. You’ve really helped me stay focused and keep up a workout routine that I never thought I could!”
– Hope Wright, Middletown, CT
Who I Work With
My ideal coaching client is over 40, has a demanding career and/or family obligations and is committed to training for the long haul. Over-40 training is all about the long haul and making slow, steady and consistent progress. I work with both men and women and my client base tends to be about 50/50 between the genders.
Once we pass 40 years of age, training can still be intense, fun and challenging, but the focus changes somewhat.
Our bodies are less responsive to exercise and more prone to injury and movement restrictions and imbalances as we age. Virtually all of us have tight shoulders and hips from sedentary, computer-based work and too much time spent sitting in cars and everywhere else. Our muscles are less pliable, our metabolism is slower and a good night’s sleep – essential to recovery from intense exercise – can be hard to come by sometimes.
It’s not that you can’t train hard or make great progress well into your 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond, it’s just that it becomes more complicated and conservatism is much more important. Careful, incremental progress as well as impeccable exercise form and expert supervision become essential to success.
My ideal clients love to train hard and may even have some background in intense training like CrossFit, marathons, obstacle racing, bodybuilding, Mixed Martial Arts, power lifting, etc., but they now realize that frequent, mega-intense training can have diminishing returns and set them up for chronic injuries and other problems over time.
We will train hard, but in a safe, individualized, incremental and fully-supervised way.
“Over the years I have had my share of personal trainers. I was spinning my wheels until meeting Adam Farrah. In a short period of time Kettlebell training has transformed my abilities. I have experienced marked increases in my strength, balance, coordination, and flexibility. Adam is a great motivator with the knowledge to tie all aspects of training together.”
– Russ, Wallingford, CT
Sound good so far? Call or text me at (860) 391-4062 to set up a free consultation
Why Do Personal Training with Me?
There are many options for group exercise and personal training here on the shoreline. New gyms and exercise studios open constantly and some close just as fast.
I’ve been around the health and fitness space as a coach, author and thought leader for a long time. Here are some points to consider when deciding where to get coaching and who to put your trust in:
- I make my full-time living as a personal trainer, health coach and health and fitness writer. This is what I’ve done as a career for the past decade and it’s what I will do for the rest of my life. The majority of “personal trainers” simply got an easy online certification that only proves they have internet access and a valid credit card. Statistics say that up to 90% of people entering the fitness business as “personal trainers” will leave the profession in less than a year. Even if you’re training at a big-name gym, your trainer is likely making $10 per hour and will be on to another career soon.
- I’ve trained with some of the biggest names and top experts in health, fitness, strength training, martial arts and Paleo food and movement over the course of my lifetime. I’ve trained with these people to become a better coach and master my craft. Some of the experts I’ve trained with include: Steve Cotter, Ken Blackburn, Robb Wolf, Louie Simmons, Jeff Tucker, Dr. Mark Cheng, Roy Harris, Jason Lambert, Chris Martel and Modern Arnis Grandmaster Brian Zawilinski.
- I’m a published book and article author and have been called a thought leader more than once. My books are available on Amazon and my articles have been featured in a number of high-level health, wellness and fitness publications including: MILO Magazine, Paleo Magazine, TRAIN Magazine and Stuart McRobert’s Hardgainer. I’ve been published on popular websites including BoxLife, WODTalk, Green Flower, MyFiveFingers and the Natural Force Supplements company blog.
- I have a deep, thorough and constantly growing understanding of functional, natural human movement. Whatever point you’re currently at in your health and fitness, I can move you safely, sustainably and reliably toward more strength, better flexibility, stronger cardio and more overall health and wellbeing.
- Safety and injury prevention is a core value to me as a coach. No one should get hurt doing weights, kettlebells or fitness training. Though minor strains or some excessive soreness come along with any kind of physical exercise from time to time, it’s appalling to me as a coach how many people collect a massive catalog of injuries – some requiring surgery – from various exercise modes, methods and coaches. If your training is injuring you then it is damaging your health. This is completely unacceptable to me professionally and morally. Further, it’s virtually 100% avoidable with expert, one-on-one coaching and proper exercise form and fundamentals.
- I’m not just an “exercise guy.” I’ve spent many years deeply immersed in all things health and wellness. I’ve been featured as an expert in Paleo Magazine and on a number of health and wellness podcasts including: Jimmy Moore’s Livin’ La Vida Low Carb Show, Paleo Magazine Radio, Wellness Force Radio, Beverly Meyer’s On Diet and Health Podcast and Eileen Laird’s Phoenix Helix Podcast.
- I approach health, wellness and fitness from a broad and eclectic background. Working with me as a coach and partner in your health and fitness is a much more integrative experience than just “doing a workout.” We’ll talk about your diet, your sleep, your lifestyle and your training and lifestyle goals. I see the whole person when I coach, not just another one-hour exercise session.
- My gym is private, well-equipped, minimalist and focused. It’s about your hard work and my expert supervision and instruction. I have plenty of equipment, tools and toys, but the relationship between trainer and trainee is the key. You won’t find more focused, detailed and meticulous instruction and coaching anywhere on the shoreline.
- I become your partner in health. I develop a relationship and a friendship with the people I coach and am 100% invested in them and their success. My clients can text me any time and I routinely have text conversations with my clients about all things health, food and wellness. Sometimes I just check in to see how things are going between workouts.
In summary, this is what I do. It’s all I do. I write a blog, I write books and I coach people. This is the life path I’ve chosen. My Journey to Mastery is focused on all things health, strength and longevity. You won’t find a better partner in your health journey anywhere.
Ready to learn more? Call or email me for a FREE consultation and let’s see if we’re a good fit to work together. You can call or text (860) 391-4062 or send me an email through my contact page.
Thanks for reading and I’ll look forward to speaking with you.