For over a decade, I’ve worked with regular men and women who have demanding jobs and families – and little free time to work out – to produce exceptional results in less than three hours per week total training time.
Since 2008 my full-time career has been personal training and health coaching. I offer one-on-one, private, individualized and expert personal training. I work with a limited number of committed individuals who want to take their health, strength and fitness to a whole new level with an expert, hands-on, dedicated coach.
I am 100% invested in the success of everyone I work with. You won’t find more expert, effective or detailed coaching anywhere on the shoreline!
– Su Melville
I have been working with Adam for 4 months now and I have to say he is brilliant! I’m an over forty desk job worker who hates the gym… so starting from the beginning when it comes to fitness!! Adam is really good at working to my level and getting me interested in the exercises so that I’m concentrating on form and working out without realising that’s what I’m doing – I have gone from being unable to do anything that involves upper body strength (I couldn’t even do a push-up against a wall) to doing sets of push-ups on my knees and I think I will get to my goal of a full push-up soon!!!”
I’ve taught my unique style of kettlebell and fitness training to hundreds of people from all walks of life including athletes, martial artists and regular, busy, working people who want to move, perform and feel exceptional in their daily lives.
I was out on the bicycle twice this weekend. I felt great. Even with a nasty workout (drag sleds outside) sandwiched between my rides, I felt stronger than ever at this time of year. Thanks for the tools.”– Brett S, Hartford, CT
Adam’s specific focus on technique and correct form have not only supported me in my fitness goals but have also allowed me to gain the skills needed to work out independently with confidence. I no longer have to worry about looking like an idiot and injuring myself in the gym. If you’re a beginner and not sure where to start or you’ve been working out for a long time and you need some fine tuning then Adam’s keen eye for the finer details will suit you down to the ground. I am motivated to keep going back because I’m getting a great work out and I’m learning something new each and every session. Two for One!”– Shaun Davies
Who I Work With
My typical coaching client is over 40, has a demanding career and/or family obligations and is committed to training for the long haul. Over-40 training is all about the long haul and making slow, steady and consistent progress. I work with both men and women and my client base tends to be about 50/50 between the genders.
You will train hard, but in a safe, individualized, incremental and fully-supervised way.
Over the years I have had my share of personal trainers. I was spinning my wheels until meeting Adam Farrah. In a short period of time, Kettlebell training has transformed my abilities. I have experienced marked increases in my strength, balance, coordination, and flexibility. Adam is a great motivator with the knowledge to tie all aspects of training together.”– Russ C, Wallingford, CT
I deeply understand the nuances and challenges of leading busy, “regular” people to exceptional health, fitness and lifestyle habits over the long-term.
I like that, at the beginning, I never thought I would be able to do any of it – but I was. And you were always there cheering me on. Now, every time I finish a workout, I feel stronger, tougher and most importantly BETTER than the day before. You’ve really helped me stay focused and keep up a workout routine that I never thought I could!”– Hope W, Middletown, CT
Adam is a wonderful teacher, very friendly and non-intimidating. I was brand new to kettlebells but now feel confident I can learn this and add it to my fitness routine.”– Christine, Northford, CT
Why Choose Personal Training with Me?
There are many options for group exercise and personal training here on the shoreline. New gyms and exercise studios open constantly and some close just as fast.
I’ve been around the health and fitness space as a coach, author and thought leader for over a decade. Here are some points to consider when deciding where to get coaching and who to put your trust in:
- I’ve been personally coached trained by some of the biggest names and top experts in health, fitness, strength training, martial arts and Paleo/Primal food and movement over the course of my lifetime. I’ve trained with these people to become a better coach and master my craft. Some of the experts I’ve trained with include: Steve Cotter, Ken Blackburn, Robb Wolf, Louie Simmons, Jeff Tucker, Dr. Mark Cheng, Roy Harris, Jason Lambert, Chris Martell and Filipino Martial Arts Grandmaster Brian Zawilinski.
I’ve relentlessly sought out mentoring with world-class experts and coaches in every area. I’m an exceptional coach because I’ve had exceptional coaches.
- I make my full-time living as a personal trainer, health coach and health and fitness blogger. This is what I’ve done as a career for over a decade and it’s what I will do for the rest of my life. The majority of “personal trainers” simply got an easy online certification that only proves they have internet access and a valid credit card.
- I’m not just an “exercise guy.” I’ve spent well over a decade deeply immersed in all things health and wellness. I’ve been featured as an expert in Paleo Magazine and on a number of health and wellness podcasts including: Jimmy Moore’s Livin’ La Vida Low Carb Show, Paleo Magazine Radio, Wellness Force Radio, Beverly Meyer’s On Diet and Health Podcast and Eileen Laird’s Phoenix Helix Podcast.
- I’m a published book and article author and have been called a “thought leader” more than once. My books are available on Amazon and my articles have been featured in a number of high-level health, wellness and fitness publications including: MILO Magazine, Paleo Magazine, TRAIN Magazine and Stuart McRobert’s Hardgainer. I’ve been published on popular websites including BoxLife, WODTalk, Green Flower, MyFiveFingers and the Natural Force Supplements company blog.
For over a decade my ideas and writing have been featured in print and all over the web.
- Statistics say that up to 90% of people entering the fitness business as “personal trainers” will leave the profession in less than a year. Even if you’re training at a big-name gym, your trainer is likely making under $15 per hour of training delivered.
- I approach health, wellness and fitness from a broad and eclectic background. Working with me as a coach and partner in your health and fitness is a much more integrative experience than just “doing a workout.” We’ll talk about your diet, your sleep, your lifestyle and your training and lifestyle goals. I see the whole person when I coach, not just another one-hour exercise session.
- I have a deep, thorough and constantly evolving understanding of functional, natural human health and movement. Whatever point you’re currently at in your health and fitness, I can move you safely, sustainably and reliably toward more strength, better flexibility, stronger cardio and more overall health and wellbeing.
- Safety and injury prevention is a core value to me as a coach. No one should get hurt doing weights, kettlebells or fitness training. Though minor strains or some excessive soreness come along with any kind of physical exercise from time to time, it’s appalling to me as a coach how many people collect a massive catalog of injuries – some requiring surgery – from various exercise modes, methods and coaches. If your training is injuring you, it is damaging your health. This is completely unacceptable to me professionally and morally. Further, it’s virtually 100% avoidable with expert, one-on-one coaching and proper exercise form and fundamentals.
- My gym is private, well-equipped, minimalist and focused. It’s about your hard work and my expert supervision and instruction. I have plenty of equipment, tools and toys, but the relationship between trainer and trainee is the key. You won’t find more focused, detailed and meticulous instruction and coaching anywhere on the shoreline.
- I become your partner in health. I develop a relationship and a friendship with the people I coach and am 100% invested in them and their success. My clients can text me any time and I routinely have text conversations with my clients about all things health, food and wellness. Sometimes we just check in to see how things are going between workouts.
I’m An Established and Respected Health and Fitness Expert
Over the past decade, my writing on health, fitness, kettlebell training, healing and healthy living has been read by tens of thousands of people in print and all around the web.
I’ve been featured on some of the biggest alternative health podcasts as an expert on Paleo/Primal diet, medical marijuana and healthy living and exercise.
Are You Ready to Start Your Journey to Health and Exceptional Fitness?
Health. Strength. Longevity. Mastery.
These are my core values in training and in life.
In summary, this is what I do. It’s all I do. I write a blog, I write books and I coach people. This is the life path I’ve chosen. My Journey to Mastery is focused on all things health, strength and longevity.
You won’t find a better partner in your health journey anywhere.
Ready to learn more? Call, text or email me for a FREE consultation and let’s see if we’re a good fit to work together. You can call or text (860) 391-4062 or send me an email through my contact page.
Thanks for reading and I’ll look forward to speaking with you.